To make a hem on a chiffon garment:
- Sew a straight stitch about 0.5cm or 1/4″ to 1.5cm or 3/8″ away from the cut edge.
- Iron the hem up at the stitched line. The stitched line will help the iron naturally turn the fabric.
- Stitch the turned area down with a straight stitch, just above the previous stitching. Now you have 2 rows of stitching right next to each other.
- Trim off the excess fabric if any.
- Repeat Step 2. Now you have rolled the hem.
- Stitch it down with another straight stitch seam.
Original post: VPLL1912PROJECTTECH ⋅
Click on the image for original post.